Jabalpur Baptist Church is an independent Baptist church in Jabalpur, INDIA.
This church holds the following Statement of Faith as a summary of Christian doctrine whose authority consists only in its agreement with the word of God.
1. The Purpose
- The purpose of the church is for the exaltation and glory of God through:
- The proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost; and
- The instruction and edification of believers in the whole counsel of the word of God.
- This church should also endeavour to maintain a thoroughly diligent balance between the instruction, defence and propagation of the faith of Bible Christianity.
2. The Bible
- We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old Testament and New Testament to be the verbally, plenary and inspired word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant, infallible and preserved in the King James Version (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21; Psalm 12:6-7).
3. The Godhead
- We believe in the one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit – co-eternal in being and having the same attributes and perfections (Deuteronomy 6:4; II Corinthians 13:14; I John 5:7).
- The Person and work of Christ:
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man (John 1:1-2; Luke 1:35).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross, a representative, vicarious and substitutionary sacrifice and that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead (Romans 3:24-25; I Peter 2:24; Ephesians 1:7; I Peter 1:3-5).
- The Person and work of the Holy Spirit (the third person of the Godhead).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who both convicts and reproves the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment and that He is a Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptising all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the Day of Redemption (John 16:8-11; II Corinthians 3:6; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Romans 8:9; Ephesians 1:13-14, 4:30).
- We believe that He is the Divine Teacher who guides believers into all truth. It is the privilege and duty of all the saved to be filled and controlled by the Holy Spirit (John 16:13; Ephesians 5:18).
- Every member of the human race is a fallen, sinful creature, both as a consequence of Adam’s sin (Romans 5:12) and also his own willing choice of sin rather than righteousness (Romans 3:23).
- Every man is forever lost and separated from God unless he receives Jesus Christ as his Saviour. The regeneration of the Holy Spirit takes place the moment a person repents and believes and the Holy Spirit comes to dwell within, never to depart.
- When man trusts Christ as his Saviour, he is sealed unto the Day of Redemption (John 3:7; Romans 8:9, 16; I Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13-14; Titus 3:5).
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace in believing the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed at Calvary for the forgiveness of sins (Ephesians 2:8-9; John 1:12; I Peter 1:18-19).
- By receiving Christ as Saviour, a man receives the righteousness of God, fulfilling man’s need of complete righteousness to enter Heaven (Romans 3:21-22; Romans 4:5-6).
- We believe that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God’s power and are thus secure in Christ forever (John 6:37-40, 10:27-30; Romans 8:1, 38, 40; I Corinthians 1:4-8).
- We believe that it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation through the testimony of God’s word. The Bible clearly forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion to the flesh and clearly warns believers to avoid unbelief and licentiousness (Romans 13:13-14; Galatians 5:13; Titus 2:11-15; Hebrews 3:12-13, 6:9).
- We believe that every saved person possesses two natures, with provision made for victory of the new nature over the old nature through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit and that all claims that eradication of the old nature in this life are unscriptural (Romans 6:13, 8:12-13; Ephesians 4:22-24; Colossians 3:10; I John 3:5-10).
- We believe that all saved should live in such a manner as to not bring reproach upon their Saviour and that separation from all apostasy, all worldly and sinful pleasures, practices and associations is commanded of God (II Timothy 3:1-5; I John 2:15-17; II Corinthians 6:14-7:1).
- As a Bible Believing church, this church stands for the separation between church and state and separation from Roman Catholicism, the World Council of Churches and its affiliate bodies and churches identified and the Charismatic Movement.
7. The Great Commission
- We believe that it is the obligation of the saved to witness by life and word to the truths of the Holy Scriptures and to seek to proclaim the Gospel to all mankind (Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8; II Corinthians 5:19-20; Matthew 28:19-20).
8. Spiritual gifts for the ministry
- We do believe that God gave and does give gifts unto men (Ephesians 4:8) and that the gifts He does bestow for the evangelists, pastors, teachers and saints are sufficient for the perfecting of the saints today and that speaking in tongues and the working of sign miracles gradually ceased as the Apostolic period came to a close and the New Testament scriptures were completed and their authority established (I Corinthians 12:4-11, 13:8-10; II Corinthians 12:12; Ephesians 4:7-12).
9. The Church (Invisible and Visible)
- We believe the Church is represented with two particular distinctions: Invisible (Universal) and Visible (Local). Yes, we realise that the word “universal” is not in the Bible but neither is the word “local” and yet the truth they represent is.
- We believe the Invisible (Universal) Church is the one to which every believer worldwide is placed into at Salvation.
- We believe the Visible (Local) Church is made up of those saved individuals that are in the Invisible (Universal) body of Christ, which then meet in a visible, organised called-out assembly of believers practicing Scriptural ordinances (Baptism and The Lord’s supper) and actively engaged in fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-19; Acts 2:41,47).
We therefore do not believe that you have to belong to a Baptist Church that ignorantly and erroneously claims to be able to trace back their succession to John the Baptist to be part of the Bride of Christ. We believe that if you are saved, you are part of His Bride.
- We believe that the establishment and continuation of local independent Bible believing churches as clearly taught and defined in the New Testament scriptures (Acts 14:27, 20:28-32; I Timothy 3:1-13).
- We, as an independent, Bible Believing church, hold to the historical Baptist distinctives and doctrinal position and shall remain separated from all denominational groups.
- We believe that the KJV 1611 is the word of God. It is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice and is the ONLY version to be used, taught, and preached. When we use the term “Bible” or “word of God” or “scriptures” in this document, we mean the KJV 1611 not as other so-called King James churches who are subtle and deceptive and say they believe it and even call it the preserved word of God only to find out later that their authority is TR or Textus Receptus and the opinions of so-called scholars who interpret it. When we say we believe the KJV 1611 is the Bible we mean it!
- We believe in baptism by immersion of all believers after the new birth.
- We believe in the Headship and Lordship of Christ (Ephesians 1:22-23).
- We believe in the priesthood of believers (I Peter 2:5, 9).
- We believe in the complete autonomy of the local church (self-operating, self-governing and self-propagating).
- We reject all Charismatic, Calvinistic, Modernist, or other heretical doctrines.
10. The Second Coming and Second Advent of Christ
- (Second Coming) We believe in the personal, imminent, pre-tribulation, pre-wrath coming of the Lord Jesus Christ to get His Bride to meet the saints in the air to translate (also known as The Rapture) The Church and take them to heaven until the close of the Tribulation.
- (Second Advent) Then, at the close of the tribulation (also called the time of Jacob’s trouble), Jesus Christ will return to earth with all his saints, to establish his millennial Kingdom where He will rule and reign 1000 literal years (I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Zechariah 14:4-11; Revelation 19:11-16, 20:1-6).
11. Eternal state of man
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved unto eternal life and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46; John 5:28-29, 11:25-26; Revelation 20:5-6, 12-13).
- We believe that the souls of the redeemed are (at death) absent from the body and present with the Lord, where in conscious bliss in heaven they await the first resurrection, when spirit, soul and body are reunited to be glorified forever with the Lord (Luke 23:43; Revelation 20:4-6; Philippians 1:23, 3:21; I Thessalonians 4:16-17).
- We believe that the souls of the unregenerate remain, after death in conscious misery in hell until the second resurrection, when the soul and body reunite and shall appear before the Great White Throne Judgment and shall be cast into the Lake of Fire, not to be annihilated, but to suffer everlasting conscious punishment (Luke 16:19-26; Matthew 25:41-46; II Thessalonians 1:7-9; Jude 6-7; Revelation 20:11-15).
+91-99933 36029 (M)
SOULWINNING,CHURCH PLANTING, EVANGELISM IN RURAL & TRIBAL AREAS.
- Public ministry
- Pensacola Bible Institute
- House church
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.