The pastor shall serve as the chief under-shepherd and overseer of Mountain Vista Baptist Church (MVBC), feeding, leading, and nurturing the flock. This Pastor’s main responsibilities will be to preach God’s Word, minister to the spiritual needs of the body of MVBC, provide biblical leadership for the church, and to act as the chief administrator of the pastoral and church staff.
• Set as a guideline of personal behavior and meet the biblical standards required in I Timothy 3:1-7 and I Peter 5:1-4.
• Maintain a regular program of study to enable himself to plan and conduct meaningful worship services.
• Prepare for and conduct worship services; lead in the observance of the two ordinances (Baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper); and lead the church in proclaiming the gospel to the church and community.
• Serve as the leader and example in seeking to win the unsaved; lead the membership in soul-winning training.
• Continue and foster a regional, national, and international Missions Program utilizing a robust Faith Promise Missions Giving program.
• Visit members and prospects and lead the church staff and ministry workers in a visitation program. Facilitate the contact/visitation of hospitalized or grieving church members.
• Conduct premarital, vocational, family, bereavement, counseling sessions, etc., as needed. Advise other professional help when necessary.
• Perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services.
• Work with deacons, ministry workers, and staff in performing assigned responsibilities. Be available for and
• lead in training as needed.
• Plan and promote periods of evangelistic emphasis (revivals) for the unsaved and renewal for the Christians.
• Act as moderator for church business meetings.
• Oversee church discipline and manage conflict in the church. Seek to reconcile relationships and promote unity within the church.
• A Bachelor’s of Pastoral Studies Degree (or equivalent) from a Baptist college and/or training experiences which would qualify a person to pastor and administer an Independent Fundamental Baptist church.
• Ordained as a Pastor and Preacher of God’s Word.
• Servant Leadership.
• Spiritual and personal integrity and maturity.
• Ability and willingness to share Christ and the Gospel and disciple others.
• Positive interpersonal and effective oral communication skills.
Please call or email and have resume, doctrinal statement, and any questions ready for submission.