New Mount Zion Old Regular Baptist Church of Jesus Christ is an independent Old School Baptist church in Attica, Ohio. The pastor is Elder Michael Bryant. This Church practices New Testament Worship with a cappella singing, extemporaneous preaching from the KJV of the Bible, actively teaching the doctrines of the Sovereign Grace of God , embracing the doctrines of Total Depravity, Unconditional Election, Limited Atonement, Efficacious Grace, Preservation of the Saints. Close Communion with unleavened bread and wine and the washing of the Saints feet. Baptism is by Immersion. This church welcomes all visitors and inquiries.
Articles of Faith
- We believe in one true and living God, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost and these three are one.
- We believe that the Old and New Testaments Scriptures are the written word of God, and the only rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in the doctrine of election by grace.
- We believe in the doctrine of original sin, and man’s impotency to rescue himself from the fallen state he is in by nature by his own free will ability.
- We believe that sinners are called, converted, regenerated and sanctified by the Holy Spirit and all are so regenerated and born again by the Spirit of God shall never fall finally away.
- We believe sinners are justified in the sight of God only by the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that baptism, the Lord’s Supper and feet washing are ordinances of Jesus Christ and that true believers are the only proper subjects of these ordinances, and we believe the only true mode of baptism is by immersion.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead and a general judgement and that the joys of the righteous and the punishment of the wicked will be eternal.
- We believe no minister has the right to administer the ordinances of the Gospel, except such as are regularly called and come under the imposition of hands by a presbytery of the church.
The Articles of Faith of the New Mount Zion Church of Jesus Christ are an abstract from the Philadelphia Regular Baptist Confession of Faith of 1742. This a traditional Old School Baptist Church. The Church is located in Attica, Seneca County, Ohio on High Street [ East, right off of Route 4] one block North of Route 224, Parking off alley behind church. The church meets on the Sundays after the 1st Saturday 2nd Saturday and 4th Saturday of each month at 10:30 AM